CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL TESTING
The Material department offers Physical, Mechanical and Chemical analysis of wide range of materials used by the construction and its allied industry. The tests are carried out as per the International Standards and specifications as defined in BS, ASTM, BS EN, AASHTO, CIRIA, DIN, ISO etc. The core services offered by the Material Division includes testing of a broad range of materials:
- Fresh and Hardened Concrete- Concrete Mix design, Air Content, Bleeding, Density, Setting Time, Compressive Strength of Cubes, Cylinder, Core Drilling, Tensile Splitting Strength, Flexural Strength, Chloride ion in the concrete and concrete repair materials. Temperature monitoring in large concrete foundations and concrete durability testing.
- Aggregates- PSD, AIV, ACV, TFV, WA,LA Specific gravity, Sand Equivalent, Soundness, Micro Deval, Drying Shrinkage etc.
- Admixtures, Additives, Fibers,
- Water- Waste/Drinking water,
- Cement- Physical, Mechanical and Chemical testing of cement and cementicious materials,
- Rock, Soil, Sand, Silts, Clay- Physical, Mechanical and Chemical test like PSD, MDD/OMC, CBR, L.L, and P.L, P.I. Linear Shrinkage, Sedimentation, Complete Chemical Composition, Organic and Inorganic pollutants analysis using latest equipment.
- Marbles, Natural & Decorative stone,
- Blocks, Kerbstone, Pavers, Mortars
- Coatings, Paints, Plastics,
- Structural Steel, Strand and Reinforcement Bars and other metal products,
- Tiles, Tile Adhesive
- GRC, GRP
- Non-Destructive Testing of structures,
- Steel & Steel products-Bars, Mesh, Strand, Wire, Nut & Bolt
In addition, ISTL also undertakes following investigation and special testing:
- Concrete investigation works using destructive and non-destructive techniques. Continuous monitoring of the temperature for concrete, Pull Off and Pull Out Tests, Tile Testing, Epoxy Tests, Manhole load tests, Fresh Concrete tests etc.
- Site Testing includes Pile testing, In-situ CBR, Plate Load testing, SPT, Soil Resistivity. Computerized Load Testing of Structures in accordance with latest International Standards.
- Non Destructive Testing- Non-Destructive Testing includes Rebound Hammer test, Concrete Cover meter Survey, Ultrasonic Testing.
ISTL provides various specialized and unique testing and Research & Development services for construction and industrial sector in the region.
A wide range of material is tested some of which are given below:
- Accelerated Aging Test by ultraviolet degradation
- Abrasion Resistance Testing
- Skid Resistance by Pendulum Tester
- Thermal conductivity | U value | K value of Building elements
- Acoustic Properties of building’s partitions
- Solar Reflective Index
- Luminance Factor of road marking paint
- Ceramic tiles | Marble | Granite | Water Proofing Membrane
- Geotextile | Plywood | Wood | Paper
- Adhesives | Grouts | Epoxies |Admixtures
- Polystyrene |Polythene Sheets
- Rubber | Plastic |Pipes | Wires | Cables
The Chemical department of the laboratory provides chemical testing services divided broadly into:
- Material Tests- Chemical analysis of a wide range of Materials used for the construction and allied industry.
- Environmental Tests- These tests are carried out in accordance with the local municipality requirements for the disposal of the wastes as well as for other industrial applications. It covers complete field sampling in accordance with the local municipality requirements and international methods upto testing at the laboratory and furnishing the test reports
The Microbiology department offers specialized microbiological analysis for a wide range of products and materials including water, air, etc. It is carried out to determine the amount of micro-organisms present which guide the manufacturers and suppliers regarding the suitability of the product for the intended end use.
It includes following tests:
- Water Microbiology Analysis
- Environmental Microbiology Analysis
The Environmental Analysis Department provides services to projects involving Water / Waste Water, Drinking Water, Swimming Pool Water, Ground Water, Solid Wastes, Sediments, Sludge etc.
It involves complete Field Sampling in accordance with the Local municipality requirements and International methods, Laboratory Testing and furnishing the test reports. It covers following tests:
- Total Bacterial Count
- Total Bacterial Count
- Total Mould Count
- Sulfate Reducing Bacteria (SRB)
The Environmental Monitoring Department provides services to projects involving monitoring the quality of the environment. It includes:
- Ambient and Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
- Noise Monitoring
- Heat Stress
ISTL provides wide range of geotechnical investigation services to the construction and allied industries. These includes but not limited to the following:
- Standard Penetration Tests (SPT)
- Rock sampling using HQ, HWF, PWF techniques with Rotary Drilling
- Disturbed bulk sampling using Percussion Drilling
- Cone Penetration tests (CPT)
- Plate Load tests
- Falling Head / Constant head permeability Test
- Groundwater level monitoring
Subsurface exploration usually involves drilling of boreholes up to the required depth and collecting samples for further laboratory tests. Site specific laboratory testing based on the end use of the data are designed to determine soil and rock parameters required for geotechnical analysis and design.
At ISTL the Subsurface Investigations and Geotechnical Laboratory Testing programs are tailored to meet our customer’s requirements. Geotechnical division also provides site supervision & field testing services during soil investigation and foundations construction.
OIL & GAS TESTING
The Oil and Gas department provides following services:
- Diesel Quality Analysis
- Asphalt Testing